Hens or Roo's?

kelliguthrie

Chirping
May 7, 2018
I have 7 babies that were born May 15th.. I thought at first I had two males, 5 females.. but.. now I'm questioning a few of them. Any imput? The Obvious male is a pure breed Copper Maran that a neighbor gave me (fertile egg from his flock). the others are mixed breed from my flock. My Adult Rooster is Australorp, and my laying hens are 2 Australorps, 1 speckled sussex and 1 RIR. So they're either full Australorp or Australorp/Speckled Sussex or Australorp/RIR. Help.. I don't want a mess of roosters that rule my yard and torment my kids or each other.. lol

Attachments

• aviary-image-1531161259102.jpeg
    aviary-image-1531161259102.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
I have 7 babies that were born May 15th.. I thought at first I had two males, 5 females.. but.. now I'm questioning a few of them. Any imput? The Obvious male is a pure breed Copper Maran that a neighbor gave me (fertile egg from his flock). the others are mixed breed from my flock. My Adult Rooster is Australorp, and my laying hens are 2 Australorps, 1 speckled sussex and 1 RIR. So they're either full Australorp or Australorp/Speckled Sussex or Australorp/RIR. Help.. I don't want a mess of roosters that rule my yard and torment my kids or each other.. lol

These are my Black copper marans and i cant tell if they are roos or hens.

Attachments

• BCM.jpeg
    BCM.jpeg
    846.4 KB · Views: 11
The one furthest kinda looks like a Roo butt to me.. but I'm not sure about the one right up front? how old?

Back
Top Bottom