Hens or roosters?

I found them. I'll go over and take a look at them.

I took a look at them, but my experience with bantams is limited (and a long time ago), and they are just too young for me to ID with any real accuracy confidence. Hopefully someone on that site will reply for you soon. Good luck.

Thank you for looking, I am just a bit worried that they may all be boys and I could only keep one, they are just so lovely

welcome-byc.gif

I don't see anything yet saying roo .....

Thanks for replying, I really do hope they are all hens. Here are my 5 little chicks they were in the same hatch as my bigger ones, I think they maybe serama x and I think I have 4 hens and 1 roo.

Chick 1 - roo his comb looks redder than this, clean legged

Chick 2 - pullet she will come and sit for ages in my hand, clean legged

Chick 3 - pullet she is the only one not to have a single comb, not sure which comb she has, feathered legged

Chick 4 - pullet shyest of the group, clean legged

Chick 5 - pullet, feathered legged

These are now 4.5 weeks old and are small, they still fit in the palm of my hand. Hope you enjoy the pics, I love seeing everyones pics on here, there some really pretty hens and roos out there, wish I had more room I would have loads
big_smile.png

They look like pullets to me but I couldn't enlarge the pic to see the saddle feathers. The age of your chicken you should have very pointed hackle ( neck ) and saddle ( back right in front tail ) feathers. My roos are already showing signs and all but one are only 9 weeks right now.

I did post on there using the link you gave me but haven't had any answers yet

The problem you ran into on not getting answers on What Breed and Gender is This?" was that you posted them on a thread started by jemar808 instead of starting your own thread. It's also the reason it took me awhile to find your post over there. You did the same thing here on "New Member Introductions" by posting on jlriddle84's thread. You will get better responses if you will start your own threads by clicking on the "Start a New Thread" box at the top of the page, just to the right of the blue "Post a Reply" box. Hope this helps.

They look like pullets to me but I couldn't enlarge the pic to see the saddle feathers. The age of your chicken you should have very pointed hackle ( neck ) and saddle ( back right in front tail ) feathers. My roos are already showing signs and all but one are only 9 weeks right now.

Is this any better? They don't stay still for long.

Back
Top Bottom