Hens running away from home?

She wasn't laying yet, although sort of acting like that. Yesterday, she laid a shell-less egg so here we go! She's so sweet, just a ditz I guess. Silkies are smart said no one ever. šŸ˜Š

I put Marsha the splash hen, Cocoa Puffs the other choco hen, and Piper the mauve roo with her. In a couple of weeks should be incubating!
Marsha eggs!!!!!! Oh I'm excited!

I perhaps will. I'll see how many are going on around then, but surely it's going to be a hugely smaller scale than yours! Like a 4th! šŸ˜‚
Hey, we needed some more data on this Odoban so I'm taking one for the team and doing a scaled up experiment. šŸ¤£

We could always do a "stories of your flock" thread and follow the hatch there šŸ˜ƒ

Hey, we needed some more data on this Odoban so I'm taking one for the team and doing a scaled up experiment. šŸ¤£

We could always do a "stories of your flock" thread and follow the hatch there šŸ˜ƒ
I was assuming I could just update that article every few months or something, but that's also a great idea!! :love

I was assuming I could just update that article every few months or something, but that's also a great idea!! :love
We'll have a cool update in 17 days for the article! Since I'm seeing development already, it seems to align with what you saw, Odoban doesn't destroy the viability of the embryo!

We'll have a cool update in 17 days for the article! Since I'm seeing development already, it seems to align with what you saw, Odoban doesn't destroy the viability of the embryo!
It'll be great to have more validation of this as it's really going to be the answer for those fearful of basically ANY virus or disease on their hatching eggs!

It'll be great to have more validation of this as it's really going to be the answer for those fearful of basically ANY virus or disease on their hatching eggs!
I've read articles thay say Mareks doesn't survive the incubation process well, but this doesn't make sense to me when they also state that Mareks can stay viable on surfaces for months, and the ground for years... and "doesn't survive incubation well" isn't the same as incubation kills 100% of the virus. I can imagine other viruses and bacteria would love the warm moist incubation environment. It seems Odoban is definitely an option for any of us concerned about what is on the outside of the egg!

Back
Top Bottom