hens wings are angled down? PICTURE

Unfortunately my hen was put down today. I took her to the vet and they diagnosed her with mareks disease. This morning she was completely paralyzed. To bushman, labored breathing is a symptom. I would look into if ur chicken was vaccinated as a chick. Mine I found out today wasn't. I am hoping this isn't the case with you. Keep me posted. Good luck to u and your chick

Last edited:
Unfortunately my hen was put down today. I took her to the vet and they diagnosed her with mereks disease. This morning she was completely paralyzed. To bushman, labored breathing is a symptom. I would look into if ur chicken was vaccinated as a chick. Mine I found out today wasn't. I am hoping this isn't the case with you. Keep me posted. Good luck to u and your chick
I'm sorry to hear that!!
hugs.gif

I'm sorry to hear that! i may have the same problem, I was given these ten chicks and have been raisin them since they were a week or so old. Oh my chicken! How fast they grow. I'm living in a 10 by 12 cabin built with a chainsaw, my coop 5 by 7 is built from the same rough cut lumber(also built with a chain saw) a recycled old dog kennel wrapped with chicken wire.
I'm basically my own vet...
I don't drive and town is 28 Kms, could walk or bike if serious illness came about. My cell only works in some places on the land.
I gave her a warm bath. she seems to be better now just hope it's not going to spread to the others.
I have given them:
oranges
Leaf lettuce
cucumber
scrambled eggs(as bad as that sounds)
Little Olive oil with egg shells

They like ferns, I've heard there poisonous to goats would that be the same for chickens? Goats will eat around them

I'm contemplating using straw or sand for the flooring. Any thoughts?

I just not sure the steps I should take, I've been keeping a close eye

Back
Top Bottom