Hens with spurs! Post your pics!!

Sunny Chicks

Songster
6 Years
May 18, 2013
My Ameracauna hen, Nyra, certainly has some nice spurs! They've grown a lot this past couple weeks.
yesss.gif

Anyone else's hens have some impressive spurs?

Wow, how old is your hen?

I've never had a hen grow spurs, but I have had a hen who crowed! :lol:
She took on the role of crowing after she was in isolation after an injury. Once she was returned to the flock months later, the crowing stopped.
I guess she just wanted to test out her vocal chords!

Enjoy your birds! :)

I might have a hen with spurs... It's an EE, and all of my roosters try to mount it....I totally thought it was a hen til I noticed that it had spurs. so, now I've changed the name from precious to shaggy lol. So now you have me wondering if its a hen or a roo.

Not a good pic...but I can see the spurs. roo or hen?

I might have a hen with spurs... It's an EE, and all of my roosters try to mount it....I totally thought it was a hen til I noticed that it had spurs. so, now I've changed the name from precious to shaggy lol. So now you have me wondering if its a hen or a roo. Not a good pic...but I can see the spurs. roo or hen?
Hmmm the color on that one says boy to me. Still pretty, though.

Wow, how old is your hen?

I've never had a hen grow spurs, but I have had a hen who crowed! :lol:
She took on the role of crowing after she was in isolation after an injury. Once she was returned to the flock months later, the crowing stopped.
I guess she just wanted to test out her vocal chords!

Enjoy your birds! :)

thanks! she's almost 2 years old.
Does a crowing hen sound different than a rooster?

I might have a hen with spurs... It's an EE, and all of my roosters try to mount it....I totally thought it was a hen til I noticed that it had spurs. so, now I've changed the name from precious to shaggy lol. So now you have me wondering if its a hen or a roo. Not a good pic...but I can see the spurs. roo or hen?
it's tail and neck feathers make me think it's a boy :)

thanks! she's almost 2 years old.
Does a crowing hen sound different than a rooster?

Her crow was very deep and lacked the correct amount of syllables. When I had first heard it, I rushed over to see my hen, thinking she had something lodged in her throat and she was choking.
It took me a few days to realize she was crowing and not dying. :lol:

Her crow was very deep and lacked the correct amount of syllables. When I had first heard it, I rushed over to see my hen, thinking she had something lodged in her throat and she was choking.
It took me a few days to realize she was crowing and not dying. :lol:
oh wow! hahah that's cool!

Back
Top Bottom