I replied with a picture of the label but it’s awaiting mod approval. However I have no idea what you mean by “scratch is not feed”. I would feel awful if it turns out I was feeding her something not nutritious enough.
The stuff on the ground in your picture with the bird looks like what is sold as scratch here in the US.
Are you in the US?

I replied with a picture of the label but it’s awaiting mod approval. However I have no idea what you mean by “scratch is not feed”. I would feel awful if it turns out I was feeding her something not nutritious enough.
Don't feel too bad, it's a common mistake.
If the vet knew much about chickens, that would have been his first question.

I zoomed in again on your picture and it does appear to have some pellets in it.

The stuff that is on the ground all came out of one bag or is it a mix from two different bags?

I zoomed in again on your picture and it does appear to have some pellets in it.

The stuff that is on the ground all came out of one bag or is it a mix from two different bags?
We put feed everywhere at some point to encourage her to eat 😅 but it’s back in a dish now.
It’s all from the same bag. We also give them mealworms but that’s a treat from another bag.

Ingredients on the bag say:
Yellow Cor, Grain Sorghum, Wheat rain By Products, Plant Protein Products.

Here’s that the label says:

QFC GRANDMA’S LAY MIX

Crude Protein... Min. 15.0%
Crude Fiber.... Мах 4.0%
Calcium.… Max. 1.1%
Salt…. Min. .10%
Crude Fat.... Min. 3.0%
Calcium…. Min. 1.0%
Phosphorus.... Min. .4%
Salt…. Max. 20%
• • • •
Ingredients

Yellow Corn,Grain Sorghum, Wheat Srain By Products, Plant Protein Products.

Feeding Directions
Feed to birds individually by hand twice a day or feed free choice. Provide plenty of clean, fresh water at all times.Keep feed fresh in cool, dry storage.

* Manufactured By: EVANS FARM FEED P.O.Box 535 Arcadia, Texas 77517

It has pellets, corn, and something like small red seeds which my chickens love

Edit: the reply with the picture of the label has been approved finally.

B-2 and B-12 deficiencies can cause that. If you're up for another vet visit, you might be able to get a big injectable dose for her. If she's willing to be held, it might help speed recovery to play with and move her legs and toes about within their normal comfortable range-of-motion.

Not great feed, for sure. And mixed whole grain feeds can be a real problem, if individuals decide to eat only certain items in the mix. Malnutrition is then very likely.
Buy a fresh all flock or chick feed, 20% protein, with separate oyster shell and separate grit. Pelleted or crumble, not whole grain.
And do those vitamin supplements for her, at least!
Mary

Oh! No I never checked for that!!!

I’m including the picture of the label of the feed. That’s what Fiona’s previous owner fed her flock so we just kept buying that. If that’s bad I don’t mind changing and getting something else.
View attachment 3539708
That feed is inadequate, in fact, it's one of the worst I've seen.
Protein is too low to be any type of feed, calcium is too low to be a layer.
It doesn't list half the stuff that should be there.
Your bird is suffering from vitamin and nutrition deficiency. Try to find a pelleted or crumbled feed with atleast 17% protein.
In the mean time, give her 400i.u vitamin E and a third of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks.
TOTALLY NOT YOUR FAULT, feed is nor a thing most people look into but it needs to change.

B-2 and B-12 deficiencies can cause that. If you're up for another vet visit, you might be able to get a big injectable dose for her. If she's willing to be held, it might help speed recovery to play with and move her legs and toes about within their normal comfortable range-of-motion.
I tried to make her walk a couple of days ago and she actually started trying to walk more after I did. She tolerates being held.

Back
Top Bottom