Here comes the fluff parade

Paintedpaws

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 14, 2013
Hello, new here and I just couldn't resist showing off our newest peeping puffballs >w< Of the three hens that are being broody, this is, so far, the only one that's had her nest hatch, and we now have six little balls of cute <3

There's three little black ones that I believe are barred rocks (at least half), two of them have black legs and beaks.
A little gold one (a Rhodie or sex link, I suspect)
And two yellow ones that are probably Buff orpingtons, though one does intrigue me quite a bit because...

It has spots =D To be honest, I'm kind of expecting them to fade as it grows up, but it would be nice if they stayed >w<
The rest of the puffs and their mother;

We currently have them in the garage until the coop is cleaned, then they'll be set up in an area under the roost :3

So cute! Are the eggs all from your flock or did you get hatching eggs? Seems to me I've seen some breed that the chick has black spots like that. Can't remember though.

Unfortunately I found the little spotted one dead this morning :< I'm not terribly surprised, since it seemed pretty lacking in energy yesterday, figure it either wasn't eating enough (all we have at the moment is the adult chicken food and scratch, though the other peeps seem to be doing fine with that,) or what ever it was a cross of just wasn't a good combo and left it quite weak (had that happen before.)

Unfortunately I found the little spotted one dead this morning :< I'm not terribly surprised, since it seemed pretty lacking in energy yesterday, figure it either wasn't eating enough (all we have at the moment is the adult chicken food and scratch, though the other peeps seem to be doing fine with that,) or what ever it was a cross of just wasn't a good combo and left it quite weak (had that happen before.)

I have a polish that was lethargic one day and I kept thinking it was going to die. I gave it a tiny amount of sugar water and it was up and running in no time. Never had a problem since

Back
Top Bottom