Here from Northwest Ohio

Mallory

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Walbridge, Ohio
After some google searching landed me here on more than a handful of occasions, I decided I might as well just go on and register here.
smile.png

My names Mallory. Married to Ben. Have two young kids (Delta-5 and Elliott-2) and a German Shepherd Dog. (Dakota-7)

Within the next month or so Ben and I have it in the plans to build a chicken tractor and purchase somewhere between 6-12 chickens, hoping that at least half will be hens. I would like to have a least one rooster. I'm leaning towards the Orpington or the Delaware breeds. I LOVE some of the ornamental breeds (Phoenix, Silkies, Sultans) but I would like lots of eggs for our family and to pass out to family and friends as well. Also living in Ohio, I need to take into consideration the long, cold winter months. (Uhm, hello, April? I didn't appreciate that sleet yesterday!)

Well, I hope to continue to learn more and more here!
-Mallory

EDIT- I totally forgot half of a sentence. lol

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Are you planning on hatching out your own chicks later? Becasue from what i have been told, buff orps go broody alot. Not sure about the delawares. Enjoy the site, and your chickens whe you get them!!

Quote:
I haven't quite decided on this, yet. I think it would be fun, but I don't want to just do it for this reason alone. Maybe Orpingtons aren't the way to go then? Or does the fact that they like to go broody not a problem? I need to read more about what all broodiness means. *adds it to her little checklist* lol

And thanks for that link Chicken Mom.
smile.png
I will head there right away.

Back
Top Bottom