HERE WE GO AGAIN Anyone SETTING Aug 30th - Sept 8th join me!!

Came home to a pip and a half? One has got a hole in the shell and peeping. The other is just barely a crack. Does this count as a pip? Oh it is almost exciting, trying not to "count my chickens"
roll.png
ya.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Just popped on to tell you the sad news that I awoke this morning to find Pootle had passed away in the night
hit.gif
. He was the only one to hatch out of 6 so it's a such a shame. He seemed fine during the evening. RIP in chicken heaven
sad.png
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOG GONE IT!!! We are all so sorry for Pootle's death. He was such a cutie and now he is strutting himself all over the place with the lions and the lambs.

So grateful, the first little chicken waited till we got up this morning to hatch. We all got to watch. Hoping the other two will be out when we get home. And still have hope for the fourth, but still nothing yet....
How exciting to be able to watch that happen. The only draw back in having my broody hen sit on my catdance eggs is that I didn't get to watch it all happen. But...I get to watch through you guys who have incubators. Can't wait for pictures hopefully tonight!

My very first hatch I had to assist a chick. I read up on everything I could how to do it. I was scared @#$#less when I did it but when I finally finished and put the chick back in the bator I knew it was worth it. SYA (Saved Your A**) is now the leader of the pack. They do chirp and wiggle in the egg while you are doing it. As long as you take your time and focus on what you are doing it's not as bad as it seems.
Brooks I do need to start reading up on this stuff more. I am def flying by the seat of my pants. Hey roo question...my cockerel (5 months) is starting to crow and he is getting more and more aggressive with the girls (not us). Today I kicked one of our broody hens out of the coop because I already have two don't need another one sitting on nothing! She just sat on the ground for a while like they do when they are like that and he came over and just started pecking her hard on the head. Is that a normal Roo thing to do? Is he showing his dominance?

Well Day 21 here and we have 2/5 Marans hatched with the 3rd working it's way out. Nothing going on with the remaining silkie eggs though.
Comeeeee Onnnnnn Silkies show your stuff!!! Congrats on the Marans...I know you'll put up pics later on. Loved your bator pics with the arrows. Is that using Gimp someone told me about?

Brooks I do need to start reading up on this stuff more. I am def flying by the seat of my pants. Hey roo question...my cockerel (5 months) is starting to crow and he is getting more and more aggressive with the girls (not us). Today I kicked one of our broody hens out of the coop because I already have two don't need another one sitting on nothing! She just sat on the ground for a while like they do when they are like that and he came over and just started pecking her hard on the head. Is that a normal Roo thing to do? Is he showing his dominance?
Yes it's a rooster thing. I have a cockerel that is 2 months old (Einstein)that has already started to show his stuff. I am loving waking up to his attempts at crowing in the morning. He is definitely picking on the other ones in the pen girls included. I had to take one of the other boys out of the pen because Einstein was literally pecking his comb away

mine does that but only when i let him and the girls out in the morning , he thinks the is mr mussel man fluffing his feathers crowing and throwing his weight around , i would say its normal but i hope your girls are getting out of his way

Back
Top Bottom