Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Wow, cute babies and goslings.

Aren't head puffs from a recessive gentic flaw that creates gaps in the skull? That one just happens to have it.

I believe it's recessive, but tufts on geese aren't from a vaulted/gap skull like ducks and chickens. It's just feathers that stick up.

heating up the hatcher
celebrate.gif

woot.gif

Ok, my goose egg is on day 26. Air cell is growing larger each day, gosling has filled up the egg. I can see shadows pushing up into the air cell, but no internal pip yet. Temp 100, humidity has been raised to 60%(because there are quail pipping in there too), will raise to 80% once it pips. I've quit turning so the gosling can turn. Everything sound good?
fl.gif

Here is the air cell from the side.

And here is the back with the shadowing.

Last edited:
Ok, my goose egg is on day 26. Air cell is growing larger each day, gosling has filled up the egg. I can see shadows pushing up into the air cell, but no internal pip yet. Temp 100, humidity has been raised to 60%(because there are quail pipping in there too), will raise to 80% once it pips. I've quit turning so the gosling can turn. Everything sound good?
fl.gif

Sounds great Julie! Whats your variety? I've mostly hatched toulouse and sebs so far in the goose family.

Sounds great Julie! Whats your variety? I've mostly hatched toulouse and sebs so far in the goose family.

I don't know.
lol.png
I got the egg from a friend. She has toulouse and africans, and there are also a few canada that have adopted her geese and their pond. So eggy could be any of them or a mix.

Looks good so far Julie

Thanks! I'm so excited to have another chance to try to hatch a gosling. Wasn't planning on keeping it since it's going to be a big goose, but since I ended up with big geese I guess another won't hurt.

Good morning, friends. It feels good to be home and see all my babies ... 4-legged and feathered. Haven't checked my eggs yet... but got my 4 new cayuga eggs set late last night when I got home. Will give everything a closer look later today. Hope all is well with my 6 grey dewlap eggs on day 18 and that I will see a few spiders in my new buff eggs. :)

Goosed, hope you feel better!

Julie, your egg looks great... looking forward to seeing what hatches.

Exner, great pics of the new babies. Got any updated pics of your buff dewlap babies????

Our 6 embden eggs shadowing this morning Paulla fired up the hatcher
celebrate.gif

celebrate.gif
Hopefully we'll both have little gosling(s) soon!

Good morning, friends. It feels good to be home and see all my babies ... 4-legged and feathered. Haven't checked my eggs yet... but got my 4 new cayuga eggs set late last night when I got home. Will give everything a closer look later today. Hope all is well with my 6 grey dewlap eggs on day 18 and that I will see a few spiders in my new buff eggs. :)

Goosed, hope you feel better!

Julie, your egg looks great... looking forward to seeing what hatches.

Exner, great pics of the new babies. Got any updated pics of your buff dewlap babies????
Thanks, hope everything looks good with your eggs!

Back
Top Bottom