Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Go home and the poor goosey had not even started zipping yet....worried I went ahead and started chipping the shell away, and sure enough the baby was vaccumed in...So I Started chipping away the the shell and within minutes it was out!!!!

IT IS ANOTHER BUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif

2 More to go but still have a while for developement on those!!
celebrate.gif

Can't see the video, glad spirit is doing well though.

Erin congrats on another hatchling. How many are you up to now total?

Iain, 1 dewlap hatched on its own, 1 required helping, it's head was HUGE and full fluid, like the head had absorbed all the moisture the darn egg lost during incubation. Culled immediately as we aren't doing any special needs geese, just not worth it long term. The first is a Flippy baby, but getting stronger so hoping can brood it soon.

Have Americans and more Sebbies locking down. Just finished the last round of silver Appleyards. Guinea eggs arrive Saturday, should be fun to hatch.

Marty saw your note, no idea why I didn't respond. Scovy take 35 days to incubate, so can't do a beginning of June hatch, not enough time. Would you like us to set some eggs? We do have a ton under a broody hen, I need to candle and see how she is doing. They might be close to the June time line.

One of the buffs I hatched had that same swollen head, but was receding after the 1st 24 hours and doing a lot better when I left on my business trip. Sadly, the gosling was accidentally smothered to death later that day.

It is HARD to hatch healthy dewlaps.

No this one was jello head, couldn't see it's eye, the skin was taunt with fluid, it was a mess and I wasn't going to worry about its future needs. Besides we have 4 very happy dewlap goslings outside and the one who hatched normal.

Oh, that does sound worse. Glad you hatched the one and now have a very nice gaggle of five buffs.

Iain, 1 dewlap hatched on its own, 1 required helping, it's head was HUGE and full fluid, like the head had absorbed all the moisture the darn egg lost during incubation. Culled immediately as we aren't doing any special needs geese, just not worth it long term. The first is a Flippy baby, but getting stronger so hoping can brood it soon.
Have Americans and more Sebbies locking down. Just finished the last round of silver Appleyards. Guinea eggs arrive Saturday, should be fun to hatch.
Marty saw your note, no idea why I didn't respond. Scovy take 35 days to incubate, so can't do a beginning of June hatch, not enough time. Would you like us to set some eggs? We do have a ton under a broody hen, I need to candle and see how she is doing. They might be close to the June time line.

So far we have 5 Greys and 4 Buffs ....2 more in the bator, and 1 Goose is still laying I will rob her eggs if she does not go broody soon.. I have throw 5 away...3 developed 2 empty..these are ones I took from the mothers also.. Pics when it dries off and fluffs!!
love.gif

Celtic, I'm not particular with when, but I would like to have the BCMs and Scovys shipped togather as youngsters, as opposed to seperate ships, if we can work it out. Just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom