Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

I have like 2.5 weeks.

Oh, and candled throughly tonight, and only 1 of Erins is going. I took the other three out (its day 10) and opened them up. They were all nada. Never even were. One just has some stuff on the shell that shadowed up a bit.

I PMd her, and paid to get two more eggs, fresh from the field only, not cleaned, double wrapped and shpped tomarrow. If I'm gonna bother, I'm gonna bother by golly.

I get buff dewlaps shiped the monday after Easter.

So precious! I can't wait! 9 more days..........
Originally Posted by Marty1876

I still have one due on the 24th and 1 embden and 2 embden/toulouse mix due the 29
been running 2 - 2 1/2 days late for hatching though Embdens just take their sweet time about it,lol

Psue, yours are so sweet. Marty I am sorry that your eggs didn't develop. I have two new babies this morning and both seem very weak. I have tried to get some starter enzymes and vitamens down them hopeing they would pep up a little.

Littledear - Hope your babies perk up real soon! I think a bit of weakness is commen the first day. Waterfowl have such tough hatches.
hugs.gif

Good Morning All! No pips on my ducks, and geesse are still baking.

All the rain (and more to come) has got my old basement (where the washer is) a little wet, and the kids dumped all the clothes over the floor, so guess who has to wash like 8 loads of laundry today.
somad.gif
rant.gif
I had other plans, but you know how it goes.

Heck NO! We want you hear, if we send help, you'll stop hatching. If you stop hatching, you'll stop posting. If you stop posting, it'll be less interesting here, and then where would we all be???

LOL

When did you put your sebs in? I have some baking about 1.5 weeks now.

lau.gif
QJ!! Even though ducklings are adorable, goslings are so much more fun!!

I candled, weighed,and drew air cell lines on my day 21 goosies today. All are moving nicely and look great!

Toulouse 1: Starting weight 219, current weight 197. At start of 21 days it has lost approx. 10%.
Toulouse 2: Starting weight 196, current weight 175. At start of 21 days it has lost approx. 11%.
Toulouse 3: Starting weight 196, current weight 178. At start of 21 days it has lost approx. 9.5%.

My two africans were set a little later and it is still technically day 20 until this afternoon... but I went ahead and weighed them too. Both have lost approximately 9%.

Can't wait for new babies as I will be losing my current babies to my adult pair very soon!

Back
Top Bottom