Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Update on the shipped baby buff poms...they are in the owners hands now. They all made it alive after being in the mail for 55 hours. Amazing little babies!

wee.gif
love.gif

I have Amy's eggs and I have to say that she packs them very well! I have weighed them and marked them. She sent me six big eggs and they are beautiful. I have to say that the shipping is terrible this year. The tracking showed where she sent them and never showed where they went after that. My postal people were on the lookout for them as I gave them head's up and they called me at 6:30 this morning to let me know that they arrived. I will be starting them tomorrow along with eleven of my own eggs.

The eggs I started on 3/05 have lost 75% of the weight that they are suppose to lose so they are on track for a good hatch. I hear you psue. I am tired of staggered hatches myself and I am trying to leave enough eggs in the nest that maybe one of my geese will go broody and sit on them without me having to incubate. The silly things all share the one nest and the other evening two were in the nest sitting on it together. It is in the mid 80's here in the day time and at night in the mid fifties. Maybe it will get warm enough that the eggs will hatch themselves, lol.
She did pack well. I told her I was going to steal some of her packing techniques. I'm also going to steal Ians Buff Dewlap peoples way, where every egg has its own little box that its securly wrapped and packaged in, and then all stuffed around and wrapped and protected in a bigger box for the road.

My sister recently got somemore indian runner eggs (she loves them) they were some kind of silver runner (they are working on perfecting it still, and she's helping), but she said they were well wrapped but the most impressive feature was that they were labeled on the outside of the box, not as hatching eggs, but as glass jars of skunk musk oil-fragle -l do not break. They arrived perfect, not a dent, not a foot print, not a smashed corner. She reported that the box did smell slightly of skunk, but the sender told her they dap a tiny bit onto the corners, to make people think twice about being rough with their eggs. Never broken one yet, since they used this technique. Might steal that idea too.

Update on the shipped baby buff poms...they are in the owners hands now. They all made it alive after being in the mail for 55 hours. Amazing little babies!
Oh, that is wonderful news! I'm so glad kawonu.

Hard to believe it is almost day 28 with the goose eggs that caused me to start this thread, but here we are! As of tonight, my toulouse eggs have lost 14%, and my africans have lost almost 13%. My smallest egg (an african that started at 149 grams) is the frontrunner with decent shadowing in air cell. The rest are just barely creeping up into aircell. All are rocking and moving well inside. Hope this hatch goes smoothly and in a few days, I'll be showing pics of my new babies!

Hard to believe it is almost day 28 with the goose eggs that caused me to start this thread, but here we are! As of tonight, my toulouse eggs have lost 14%, and my africans have lost almost 13%. My smallest egg (an african that started at 149 grams) is the frontrunner with decent shadowing in air cell. The rest are just barely creeping up into aircell. All are rocking and moving well inside. Hope this hatch goes smoothly and in a few days, I'll be showing pics of my new babies!

mine are moving slowly up looks like they are gonna take their time

Iain!
hugs.gif
Nice to see you posting all your updates! w/o a scale, I'm stuck w/just visuals. Take a pic of your next goose egg after its turned and is shadowing, so I can get a handle on what I'm needing to look for when I candle for lockdowns...... (please please please!)

When it comes to goose eggs, I feel like a duck on roller skates.

Awesome, thanks a million! I hope you have an effortless goose hatch (except the profound need to sweat bullets) I hope I do too. Can't believe its almost time for my sebbie eggs, and the expected and unexpected toulouse. (wonder if they will both hatch)

Are there regular and giant toulouse? Why is one egg twice the size of the other?

Toulouse and african eggs. My Toulouse eggs were 219, 196, and 196. My Africans were 153 and 149. They lost ideal weight and are not hatching early. Maybe I'll get a break this time. :D

Today is day 28! My morning check shows both africans slowly moving up in aircell and one toulouse is inching its way into aircell. The other two are still pulsing the membranes. It looks like the africans should internally pip later today, but the toulouse probably won't pip until tomorrow. I think I'm on target for a day 30 hatch for africans and a day 31-32 hatch for my toulouse.... right on schedule!!

Today is day 28! My morning check shows both africans slowly moving up in aircell and one toulouse is inching its way into aircell. The other two are still pulsing the membranes. It looks like the africans should internally pip later today, but the toulouse probably won't pip until tomorrow. I think I'm on target for a day 30 hatch for africans and a day 31-32 hatch for my toulouse.... right on schedule!!

celebrate.gif
my Embden is on track with your Africans and the toulouse and my mixes (1/2 toulouse) are close together... my other Embden hatches took about 32 days... so i'm not worried......yet
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom