Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

woot.gif
Congrats on your baby hatching and getting a new duckling!!

My first dewlap internally pipped and looks perfect. The other 2 are working away and should pip tonight too. This puts them right on track for a Tuesday afternoon/evening hatch. Had a talk with Carole this afternoon about hatching out these babies. She said they typically hatch on day 30 (so mine are a few hours behind schedule I assume because of the 2 extended cool downs in the past week); and sometimes they get stuck getting out because they are quite big, but a little extra moisture does the trick. She said they also get their legs under them pretty quick too.
fl.gif

Thats great Iain!

Thank you. I think my baby is dying. :-( Its not looking good. I don't know what to do. Theres a red ring around the dark part now.. but its still moving some. Im worried.

Erin, thanks! I love this little guy. He is even more precious and huge than my other toulouse babies, and to watch him with my teeny cayuga puts a perma-grin on my face!! If any of your new eggs show development, I will nurse them extra special because I would very much like to have another gosling from your stock.
big_smile.png

Goosed, I think they are both equally cute... which is actually saying something for Molasses! Hope you see the external pip soon!

Bull, sorry about the one baby, but the other baby is adorable!! Best of luck with your other two!

love.gif
I truely hope you get more out of us!! I know the are the best cuddlers! I just love goslings..I hope mine are going strong out in the pen with the mommies...still to early to candle I think..almost to scared to bother the new mommies. I think I will wait till closer to hatch, I'm not even sure how many are out there (eggs)..DH may kill me ....
hide.gif
lol.png

DH just dropped and killed Squeeky. He feel terrible. I feel terrible. He was hollering to be held again, so he just went ahead to get him and cuddle him up a bit, and he just took off out of his hands, he was so excited.

Back
Top Bottom