Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Goose egg, it won't need air from the air cell until it internally pips. If it internally pips, you can make an external pip hole for it. Hope it hatches for you!!!

So far, so good. 1st egg has been in a slow mo zipping mode since pip and has gone a little over an inch so far. I expect to see decent cracks in 2nd & 3rd eggs within the next hour or two.
big_smile.png

C'mon babies!
ya.gif

Holy moly! I just checked my 3/19 baby, and that sucker is already well into an internal pip! I went ahead and locked it down in it's bator. I took out the erijn eggs
sad.png
. They are still clear and showing no development. They were just too scrambled. I gave it a try though.

Looks like I have 100% on my marans so far
woot.gif

can it internally pip if the area it needs to find is so small? Does the egg look bad to you? :-( Thank you.

Holy moly! I just checked my 3/19 baby, and that sucker is already well into an internal pip! I went ahead and locked it down in it's bator. I took out the erijn eggs
sad.png
. They are still clear and showing no development. They were just too scrambled. I gave it a try though.

Looks like I have 100% on my marans so far
woot.gif

Bummer about the Giant Toulouse - they seem prone to this. It took me 9 eggs to get 1. THis round, though, I have at least 2 with spiders. Hope they both hatch.

Happy your marans are so fertile. I hope mine are too! I've got 7 getts from Black Copper Marans, and they are wonderfully rich and dark. Makes it look like my old black australorps laid white eggs.

So far, so good. 1st egg has been in a slow mo zipping mode since pip and has gone a little over an inch so far. I expect to see decent cracks in 2nd & 3rd eggs within the next hour or two.
big_smile.png

Yay! Makes me hope mine come out on their own. I don't like the full service hatches.

Marty, I'll get a new snapshot of my newest toulouse baby with Molasses in a little bit. This one is by far my favorite!!

Goosed, my pleasure to help! Your goose sure does have strong babies! As an fyi, I will be gone all day/night Thursday.... have to do an 18 hour there/back trip to LA for work.
Love pics! Hows gonna tickle your toulouse and Molasses while your away? Hope your hubby holds on better than mine did.
hmm.png

I'll be here goosed (if thats any comfort), and Iain checks in a lot while shes gone.

i am sure it is because i marked the date on it. If it is the 26th day.. it doesn' t look normal does it? thank you.

Bummer about erin's eggs. I agree it took 5 eggs to get 1 to develop properly, but my new baby is extra special. I have hope for 2 from this new set, but it is not like carole's dewlaps that are showing me lots of spiders.

Marty, you got my notes about cooking these babies? Did you get your scale? I am convinced that is critical to successful waterfowl hatching!

Back
Top Bottom