Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Marty, all of my babies are on ground level on carpet, and the bigger pens have gates so we don't have to really lift them off ground. I am downright paranoid about picking them up, and I'm pretty sure hubby would not even try with the really young babies. Plus, he seems to like our African juveniles the best.

I'm disappointed I won't get to hatch a long with you guys
hit.gif
I wish they were doing something. But nada. I'm wondering how good the fertility is.

After 3/19 hatches in the next day or two I'm out of goose eggs.
sad.png
Unless I decide to set Lucinda's 5 I have laying here and any more she's added in the nest. I was thinking about letting her do it though, assuming she will.

Marty, all of my babies are on ground level on carpet, and the bigger pens have gates so we don't have to really lift them off ground. I am downright paranoid about picking them up, and I'm pretty sure hubby would not even try with the really young babies. Plus, he seems to like our African juveniles the best.

DH is paranoid now, a bit belattedly. They didn't need picked up, he just likes to hold him. Liked to hold him. I kinda miss him still. :(

Hope to see some dewlap eggie pics in the morning!

If I am sure it's 26 days and it looks like its not doing well, I still need to stop turning it tomorrow correct? And hope for the best.

I'd stop turning it. Sometimes an egg or 2 of mine will look way less developed then the others but then catches up and hatches along with everyone else. Have you checked your temperature? Maybe it's a little low and the gosling might need a few extra days to cook.

Marty, I can only imagine how you and your hubby feel. But think of how awesome your dewlaps will be! :D

Quote:
I'd stop turning it. Sometimes an egg or 2 of mine will look way less developed then the others but then catches up and hatches along with everyone else. Have you checked your temperature? Maybe it's a little low and the gosling might need a few extra days to cook.
Yes. I try to keep temp around 99.5. It averages between 97 and 100. It's not a digital thermometer. Neither is my humidity. Very low grade stuff. I haven't used my incubator n years. And even then it was ducks. (easier I think)

Yes. I try to keep temp around 99.5. It averages between 97 and 100. It's not a digital thermometer. Neither is my humidity. Very low grade stuff. I haven't used my incubator n years. And even then it was ducks. (easier I think)

Is it still air? They should be at 101, mine stays between 98-101. I think ducks are easier too. I hope your egg gains some ground and hatches!

Back
Top Bottom