Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Marty cute baby, the white girls hatch with dark saddles and caps and white boys hatch yellow or with an all over dustiness to their down. That only runs true for all whites though. Wish all the colors could be sexed by down color. She looks very good, glad you got one to hatch.

How is everything else going?

Here is the new sebbie.

She is a healty cheerful thing, but her eyes have a puffiness and seem to want to be closed. Had a dewlap with that, and I rinsed with gentle salt water solution, and rinsed with clear water. It was better overnight, and I hope the same for the new baby.

Shes dried, and is a bit more greyish on her back now. She wasn't so fluffy this morning though.
Oh my gosh how precious... Congrats Marty

Fred update...... whee she was nesting one of the babies got out the back and she didn't see it. So we resqued baby..... the proceeded to move the family. Fred and Ethel Were Not HAPPY! Knowing that moving her would probally break her off the nest we had the bator on stand-by. got them moved and gave back one of the 2 babies that were fully hatched. The other was kinda flippy so we brought it in for vitamins and to keep an eye on it. Hatched and gave her more of the babies today. She's up to 4, the last one was SW. I have it's head out now and it's making noise.
fl.gif
Hoping it does the rest by it'self and make it. I figure 5 babies for one year olds and their first hatch is pretty good. Fred has learned that I'm not taking her babies, just making sure they have food and water and know where the baby food is
big_smile.png
I plan to give vitamins in the water till all 5 stop flipping and are doing good. Pics tomarrow and pics of my new Black Sumatra chickens
celebrate.gif

Hi, all!

Today is day 26 for my American Buffs......and I am getting nervous. I would be SO lost without Iain....so thank you!

My question.....this morning I traced the air cell, and on at least two of my eggs there is a HUGE difference from the air cell this morning to now.....is that normal??

Hi, all!

Today is day 26 for my American Buffs......and I am getting nervous. I would be SO lost without Iain....so thank you!

My question.....this morning I traced the air cell, and on at least two of my eggs there is a HUGE difference from the air cell this morning to now.....is that normal??
yes, count down time
fl.gif

I was SHOCKED to see the HUGE difference from about six hours ago.....

Whew.......thank you!

I am so nervous.......I have read and reread Pete's guide, but still am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nervous!!! :)

I am SO excited, too. Plus, one of my mama ducks out back hatched out four babies so far. Found two last night and two this morning..........makes me so excited. They are Ancona's and SO beautiful. Gonna have lots of babies............

Erin that's a tough question. Most end of season eggs start having fertility issues with geese, everything from lack of breeding ect. I would guess a week maybe 2. Ask Oregon Blues as she may have more hard facts on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom