Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Fred ( Mom) and Ethel with the 4 that are outside

assisted baby... still shaky and looks to be sprattle legged, but improving all the time

Congrats, Sue!!!!
love.gif

Hope your weak baby gets better soon. If not, I like to use vet wrap and make hobbles to assist the weak legged babies. Usually only for a day or two and then they are good.

Congrats, Sue!!!!
love.gif

Hope your weak baby gets better soon. If not, I like to use vet wrap and make hobbles to assist the weak legged babies. Usually only for a day or two and then they are good.
thanks, he's less then 24 hours old so I'll probally wait till tomarrow.. see if it fixes if not then I'll hobble him

PSue - congrats on the babies.

Mine are doing ok, even the new sebbie is happy with her "older" man, gray dewlap. He's not as excited, as he was with several goslings, but at least they've got each other. He's kind of a little guy anyway. He's only half the size of the others. I don't know what his problem is.

How cute! Congrats Sue, lovely goose family pictures.
thanks...... hows everything (aka - hubby) down your way? Thnking of you often
hugs.gif

Oh, my.....SOOOO SOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO adorable!
ty ty
PSue - congrats on the babies.

Mine are doing ok, even the new sebbie is happy with her "older" man, gray dewlap. He's not as excited, as he was with several goslings, but at least they've got each other. He's kind of a little guy anyway. He's only half the size of the others. I don't know what his problem is.
thanks Marty... is life evening out yet?
fl.gif

well little one would not stay in the dish pan this morning so he's out with mom and dad....... I'm still keeping an eye on him but he's seams to be ok just a little behind the others
fl.gif

Erin that's a tough question. Most end of season eggs start having fertility issues with geese, everything from lack of breeding ect. I would guess a week maybe 2. Ask Oregon Blues as she may have more hard facts on this topic.

Well update: she was away from all the boys for a month because they banned her, so I put her in with the chickens for company, It was 3wks or more since she had seen any action, she laid 4 more eggs I throught them in the bator just to see and 3 of the 4 were still fertilized ....1 developed and quit, but the 2 are going strong, so we shall have 2 more goslings here shortly!!

GUESS WHAT? Go ahead.....GUESS!

I have three eggs with external pips so far! I can hear them in there cheeping away. How lucky am I?!?!? At 1:00 there was only one with an external pip, now three hours later, there are more!!!! I wish I could get some pictures, but they keep coming out blurry! So excited.

I can NOT wait to see these guys.

Back
Top Bottom