Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

OK, Celtic, when you get on here at 6 am central time, text me to take the phone with me and get pics! Then, I'll get some.

One of the grey/white sebs persists with a few brown feathers mixed in, and I'm still hoping they stay! I counted them, there are still two big curly ones nested in with the grey on its back!
love.gif

Celtic, I'll work on that address. I usually delete PMs that are crapola, so out it went. I know of two other who were also PMd, so if you don't mind me asking them, I'll try to get that name so we can deal with that problem. If they are watching, let them know I and others think its crap to do it, and I'm not gonna help them.
tongue.png

I want storms
hit.gif
I've gotta start watering the new daytime turn out so the birds can have something to eat. Even my trees are starting to stress from lack of rain and to much heat.

By the way
frow.gif
is it goose hatching time yet??? chickens are boring to hatch
hide.gif

do geese and ducks get lice and mites? Had a silkie come down really sick last night and found little Bugs all over him, treated the yard, cleaned all the birds houses, sprayed the whole yard, dusted chicken houses and best boxes, put ivermectin on all Chickens and DE in waterfowl houses, but i didn't treat ducks and geese, themselves because i don't know if i should.

actually Silkie didnt make it
hit.gif

LOL Sue!! Sorry, but you have a ways to go before next goose hatching season.

aaa, I would think if waterfowl have access to water to swim & bathe, external parasites should not be a problem. Sorry about your chicken.
sad.png

Winnie, one of the goslings wing feathers are all breaking off I am not sure if Willow is chewing them off at night or if something is wrong with her, any ideas? I will try and get a pic soon my phone is broken right now but will get a new one in a day or two. I cant really find anything like that when I search here.

I will see first goose eggs from the Africans in December and January from the early Sebbie girls. Then February/March for everyone else.

Celtic, plese tell me, with geese is their laying beginning time based on actual age, or springtime/light cycles for geese? I expect my ducks to lay by 6-7 monthes, if I have a light over them come fall and winter, without regard to actual springtime. If I didn't have a light, they'd wait for springtime and the light cycle to be triggered. Is it thus for geese as well? They must first reach the correct age, and then the light must be there to trigger the cycle?

Back
Top Bottom