Hey Everyone

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies!
Thank you! I do find this interesting. I plan on expanding my egg production since it looks like eggs are in big demand right now. Just waiting for it to warm a little before order more.

Welcome to BYC, Candy. I always wanted a great Pyrenees, but I'm afraid they wouldn't care for our extreme summers.
Believe it or not, I got Buddy in Mississippi! And there are a lot of these guys in Texas. They do get hot, and my dogs come in the house in the summer and stay on the cool floor in the kitchen. But they do pop to life at night to do what they do best. BARK and run every living thing off. We planted 160 trees one year and had about 10 left after the deer rubbed on them or ate them to nothing. These 2 fixed that! These dogs have 2 coats and it also keeps them cool in the summer. But they will find a place to cool off and lay around most of the day. Thank you for knowlegeing me as a new comer! This is fun!

:welcome -glad you joined!! I love your Pyrenees pups!! They're beautiful!! -hubby and my first dog was a lovely Pyr named Ripley (Ripley's Believe It Or Not). They are excellent companions and guardians!
They are amazing dogs. I was out in the 12in. snow yesterday with winds ripping...one was in front of me and the other behind. The wouldn't leave me. In fact the one behind was so close I was nipping him with my boots when I walked and the one in front, I would steady myself in the snow. And they are so sweet. This is the photo now Buddy,(18months) is all white and Lucy(1yr) is the Salt and Pepper. They are just coming back from the chicken barn. After which they just lay in the snow. It is blowing about 20 to 35 miles an hour and were out in it all day. We have an enclosed plexiglass porch and heated beds for them. They do come into it about 2 am and dash out the doggy door if need be. They have amazing hearing and are the only dogs that are nocturnal.
IMG_5369.JPG

Back
Top Bottom