Hey Georgia! Show Your Spirit: Let's Get Half a Million Views!

Lol if you have pictures I can judge a bit better. And how old are they?
I will post a picture tomorrow bc most of my pics are not very recent and I think they are about 6 to 7 months old if not older. We got my buffs when they were about 2 to 3 mos old. I know that they are fatter than my brother's chickens which are already laying lol.

Well, we got out first double-yoke egg yesterday from our RIR's!

LM

We have gotten a few of those ourselves! They are huge compared to the others, Here is a pic I took of mine! I couldn't even close the egg carton at all!

Yeah we have gotten some eggs like that haha. But the double yoke that I ate last night was not even that big. It was a normal sized eggs but the two yokes were tiny.

I will post a picture tomorrow bc most of my pics are not very recent and I think they are about 6 to 7 months old if not older. We got my buffs when they were about 2 to 3 mos old. I know that they are fatter than my brother's chickens which are already laying lol.

This is a picture of one of my buff pullets. She is not laying yet and she has the darkest face of the other hens. So judging by her face, how old do you think she is and about how long would you say she has until she lays?

I'm not sure on age but she don't look like she's too far off from laying! She'll probably start right around when spring starts in! Listen to her closely for an egg song that'll give you an answer. My American Game Fowl Pullet was singing this morning so hopefully I'll get an egg off her soon! :)

I'm not sure on age but she don't look like she's too far off from laying! She'll probably start right around when spring starts in! Listen to her closely for an egg song that'll give you an answer. My American Game Fowl Pullet was singing this morning so hopefully I'll get an egg off her soon!
smile.png
What do you mean by the "egg song"?

Back
Top Bottom