Hey Georgia! Show Your Spirit: Let's Get Half a Million Views!

They'll be extremly talkative, cackleing and bawking it's hard to discribe. If you watch her closely when she acts that way she'll venture in and out of the nest box(s) and pant somewhat. This is the behavior that my girls do. Yes I know I have too much free time haha!

They'll be extremly talkative, cackleing and bawking it's hard to discribe. If you watch her closely when she acts that way she'll venture in and out of the nest box(s) and pant somewhat. This is the behavior that my girls do. Yes I know I have too much free time haha!
OMG! Ok, so I was in the pen the other day and I saw one of my hens laying on the ground panting and she was moving really slow. It scared me; I thought she was sick or something. Is that the "panting" your talking about?

Well not to sure my hens act normal not sluggish when they do this. Was she "squatting"? Or was she just being sluggish like she was out of energy? Is she eating and drinking fine?

Well not to sure my hens act normal not sluggish when they do this. Was she "squatting"? Or was she just being sluggish like she was out of energy? Is she eating and drinking fine?
She was laying on the ground and panting with her mouth open (picture below). However, when I went out to the run the next day, she was fine. She is eating and drinking normally.

Last edited:
She's fine then she may be getting ready to lay. My hens do that mostly while they sun bathe and dust themselves. She still looks a little young due to her pinkish face. ;) she'll lay in due time.

She's fine then she may be getting ready to lay. My hens do that mostly while they sun bathe and dust themselves. She still looks a little young due to her pinkish face.
wink.png
she'll lay in due time.
Okay. Is seems like this is taking for ever...
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom