Hey guys. I'm a newbie to BYC.

Loosewheel

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2023
I work on my family's farm, but am new to raising chickens. We actually raise cattle, deer, and horses plus we grow a few crops and various things like that. My grandmother raised chickens, loved them like no other. Add she's aging, I felt it a good time to reintroduce chickens to the farm. It gives her something to enjoy. She just turned 95 and still lives alone! She's my everything. Chickens are her everything. So I'm here to learn all I can in order to keep her babies healthy and happy. Im a dog person myself, but the little fluffy butts are really growing on me. Currently we only have 8. 2 roosters 6 hens. Im not sure of the breed but I've got 2 tiny ones (hen and rooster) that are solid black (banums i think) and the rest are big stock. Thanks for allowing me to learn from you guys. God bless!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

I work on my family's farm, but am new to raising chickens. We actually raise cattle, deer, and horses plus we grow a few crops and various things like that. My grandmother raised chickens, loved them like no other. Add she's aging, I felt it a good time to reintroduce chickens to the farm. It gives her something to enjoy. She just turned 95 and still lives alone! She's my everything. Chickens are her everything. So I'm here to learn all I can in order to keep her babies healthy and happy. Im a dog person myself, but the little fluffy butts are really growing on me. Currently we only have 8. 2 roosters 6 hens. Im not sure of the breed but I've got 2 tiny ones (hen and rooster) that are solid black (banums i think) and the rest are big stock. Thanks for allowing me to learn from you guys. God bless!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom