Hey y'all

Shimmerpuppy

Chirping
Mar 31, 2022
I'm new to the forum and thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself. After traveling the US, with my family in an RV, we decided to settle down on some property in East Texas piney woods. We are new to farming and raising animals, but are picking it up and excited to learn more.

1. Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I'm fairly new to chickens, we have a flock of 7 that is about a year old and 9 new babies that I'll integrate in a month or so.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 16

(3) What breeds do you have?

They are all Buff Orpington s

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love having fresh eggs, that I know have the best nutritional value I can give my fam. And I love watching the chickens do their chicken thang.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy crocheting, cooking, and dabble in sewing

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have 3 boys ages 15, 14, and 13. I'm a SAHM, and we homeschool. We have 2 dogs, a chiweegle and a kerr stray that showed up on the property one day and stole our hearts. We traveled in our RV around America for about 8yrs, and just settled down. We still live tiny, and enjoy the challenge of only having what we truly need.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I found this community while searching for advice with different questions I had when we first got our chickens. BYC became my "go to" place to find the info that I need. It just seemed logical to join the group, so that I could interact with the folks that have so much knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom