Heya ya'll!

BeccaDoe

Songster
Jun 19, 2019
Aylett, VA
So I just joined BYC, since I just started my first batch of chicks and I'm super interested in keeping them happy and healthy.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Super new. Our little ones are about three days old and it's my very first time raising chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have seven. Dorothy, Blanche, Rose, Sophia, Omelette, Quiche, and Doubting Thomas.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Let's see; Two Isa Browns, Two Buff Orpingtons, a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Black Australorp, and a mystery chick. The last one was an added bonus for charity. I think she's also a Buff Orpington, but her back seems a little more ginger than the other two.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I'm looking forward to getting out more, watching them grow and be silly things, and of course fresh eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I read, write, draw, and play vidya games.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm kind of disabled (arthritis in my feet keeps me from doing a lot) so I live with my folks. Mom's almost more excited about this than even me! Not much more to say about me except that I've wanted to raise chickens since we moved out here (16 years ago!) but never got the go ahead until now.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
When I was looking up the friendliest breeds, I came across the forums here. So that'd be about three months ago. I decided to join when I realized that my search history has been full of chicken questions and I might as well ask the experts here instead of Google!

Back
Top Bottom