HI ALL !!!👇🏻 !!!

Yah

Songster
May 16, 2023
HELLO 👋 Quick question if I wanted to get a bird from pet supplies plus what would be the best kind of bird like for a bird cage ? Also what bird talks to you? And breed is good for beginners ?

If you want a friendly and socialized bird, find a local breeder. The pet store birds are wild and unhandled and it takes a lot of effort for most of them to become friendly and tame.

As far as speaking ability, it gets better the bigger the bird in the pet store varieties. Parakeets are a good beginner's bird. They talk, but it can be hard to understand them. They do best in compatible pairs, but a single bird will be easier to train.

Lovebirds are wonderful little birds who talk, but again, they do best in pairs which makes it harder to train them. They talk better than parakeets and have short tails, so a huge cage isn't necessary.

Cockatiels talk pretty well for their size, and make very good pets. They need a larger cage to accommodate their tail length and size. They're also great whistlers.

These are the three I would recommend for a beginner. You're going to pay a lot more for anything bigger or more colorful.

Definitely a lot of research! Parrots and their care are often more complexed then people think. Mimicry abilities varies by individual not species (that's another thing, very little to no parrots have "breeds" it's species ;)).
I agree with there not being any beginner birds, but I am still a huge fan of budgies ☺️

HELLO 👋 Quick question if I wanted to get a bird from pet supplies plus what would be the best kind of bird like for a bird cage ? Also what bird talks to you? And breed is good for beginners ?
If you want to do parrots I very much suggest budgies, lovebirds (although they are really nippy), and cockatiels. I'm working on a article about budgie care and I can post it on this thread if you'd like? I breed and sell all kinds of exotic birds & poultry locally in Italy where I live!

This is Bluebell a budgie I raised earlier this year! I recall trained him and he will come on comand when I say "Bluebell come" and to get him to get on my finger I say "step up".
PXL_20230612_103423242.jpg

Back
Top Bottom