Hi All from North Carolina

drm315

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 11, 2012
North Carolina
frow.gif
Hi to everyone here at BYC! This seems like such an awesome site!! I am in Davidson County, NC and have posted a new thread in the Local Chicken Laws and Ordinances forum already. I have started looking into having a very small flock (1-3 birds) in my back yard, but I am a little nervous as to how the law reads for the certain area I am in. I have a request for information in to my zoning board to find out if I can keep such a small flock. I would love to here from anyone else in the Davidson County area that could possibly help me out with information. I am not within the Lexington city limits, but within Davidson County. The way I interpret the city law to read is that I could have less than 4 birds and they would have to be kept in sanitary conditons (of course), but since I am not within the city limits, I don't know if this applies to me or not. I just don't want to go to the expense of building a coop and becoming friends with my new pets to have them taken away, so I came to BYC to find out all the information I can beforehand! Thanks for reading and let me hear from you if you are in "my neck of the woods."

Hello and welcome from Southwest Ohio....I'm not in your neck of the woods but glad you joined. Best of luck on getting your new chickens :)

Back
Top Bottom