Hi everyone!

CassNelson

Chirping
Apr 26, 2022
Central Oregon
Hello all! My name is Cassie and I am new to chicken keeping as of last week! Picked up 11 babies from the post office bright and early Wednesday morning. I have been dreaming of having my own flock for years so it is all very exciting :) here’s the roll call:

- Honey and Maple (Ameraucanas)
- Winnie (assuming she’s my Whiting True Blue but honestly it could be one of the above)
- Orla (Silver Laced Wyandotte)
- Gwen and Sybil (Speckled Sussex)
- Edith (Welsummer)
- Lady Mary (Black Star)
- Peggy (Columbian Wyandotte)
- Sadie Hawkins (Light Brahma)
- Fern (Whiting True Green)

I am a SAHM of 3 kiddos 3 and under! In addition to tending to our flock, we are busy in the garden this spring! We also have a goldendoodle named Thea who couldn’t care less that 11 chickies just moved in haha!

Looking forward to learning and connecting with other crazy chicken people on here!

- Cassie

PS - attaching a picture of the floof babies on their first morning home!

Attachments

• 7A1222E4-9187-451D-8ACA-D6B219169B14.jpeg
    7A1222E4-9187-451D-8ACA-D6B219169B14.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 0181E19E-8F86-4ABB-8EBB-588B38D82EBD.jpeg
    0181E19E-8F86-4ABB-8EBB-588B38D82EBD.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 1
Congrats on achieving your dream of owning chickens! Your photos are giving me chick envy -- and this year, for sure, I am NOT getting more babies. When I said that last year, I ended up with 8.

You've picked some great breeds, and it's wonderful that Thea is okay with the new additions.

You've also picked a great place to find other crazy chicken people. We are all over this site :). Welcome to BYC!

Hello all! My name is Cassie and I am new to chicken keeping as of last week! Picked up 11 babies from the post office bright and early Wednesday morning. I have been dreaming of having my own flock for years so it is all very exciting :) here’s the roll call:

- Honey and Maple (Ameraucanas)
- Winnie (assuming she’s my Whiting True Blue but honestly it could be one of the above)
- Orla (Silver Laced Wyandotte)
- Gwen and Sybil (Speckled Sussex)
- Edith (Welsummer)
- Lady Mary (Black Star)
- Peggy (Columbian Wyandotte)
- Sadie Hawkins (Light Brahma)
- Fern (Whiting True Green)

I am a SAHM of 3 kiddos 3 and under! In addition to tending to our flock, we are busy in the garden this spring! We also have a goldendoodle named Thea who couldn’t care less that 11 chickies just moved in haha!

Looking forward to learning and connecting with other crazy chicken people on here!

- Cassie

PS - attaching a picture of the floof babies on their first morning home!
How cute they are! welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom