Hi from England!

fur & feathers fan

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
smile.png
Hi all! My family and I have just become proud parents of 4 lovely chickens. They are know collectively as the Chicky girls but each has its own daft name!!
This weekend we are extending the coup so they have more space when we are out. At the moment they have their coup in a fenced off area but I'm worried that they might escape during the day. with the extension they get a largeish covered protected area when we are out and even more space whe we are at home!!

I have found they are terrible time wasters- I can stand looking at them for ages!

Hello! I am in Alabama, and still don't own any chickens, but love visiting here to learn and keep hoping....

Cheerio!!!
frow.gif

Hello Fellow Brits from the top of the world, although I do not have the most northern chickens.

I'm from Coventry, west midlands but living in Alaska USA right now, where are you?
chickens are brilliant...
My biggest learning curve was Predators, we are having fox probles, thankfully not bear problems!

Kettle is always on in AK!
Welcome to the most addictive site in the world, I never get any work done....

fur & feathers fan :

I have found they are terrible time wasters- I can stand looking at them for ages!

Me too. I sat outside for a half hour last night watching my girls preen themselves. Welcome to BYC (from Massachusetts).​

lol.png
Welcome ! I thought that was funny that you said they are terrible time wasters, as we find that too!!
big_smile.png
We live in Tasmania Australia but my husband is from London and we are quite new to chickens too. All the best with them, i am sure they will provide you with lots of happiness.
smile.png

lol.png
I forgot to mention that our chickens all have their own daft names aswell ! Named mostly after English murder mysteries : Miss marple, Mr Barnaby etc ....
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom