Hi! From Georgechicken

georgechicken

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2017
My username is from a pet chicken my family had when I was a kid. We assumed she had been tossed off a passing farm truck by mischievous kids or maybe she planned her escape, either way she landed in our backyard. Of course we kept her - had her for a few years until she met her demise by way of another couple of mischievous kids. But that's a story for another day. My mother named her after George of the Jungle, a cartoon she thought was cute at the time. But she suffered from a brain fart. What George's name should've been was Super, after Super Chicken which was a segment on the George of the Jungle cartoon. When we realized her mixup, our biggest concern was that poor George wouldn't want a boy's name. But that was before we knew that some chickens actually are boys. Actually, I don't think we ever knew that. I only recently came to that realization. George never left us any eggs except for the ones that my neighbor friends would put in her(?) sleeping area. We were so excited when we found the eggs! They kept their little secret for some time and got a lot of chuckles out of our reactions to George's magnificence. In memory of George, who taught me how to speak chicken:

Greetings again, georgechicken, and
welcome-byc.gif
! That video made me laugh!
gig.gif
George sounded like quite a bird!!

Back
Top Bottom