Hi from Northern California!

AmyPaperlady

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 28, 2013
Cumberland Plateau
No, not the Bay Area--I'm 6 hours north of San Francisco (almost in Oregon--the border's 19 miles away, and the ocean would be visible if it weren't for that stand of trees at the dead end)
smile.png

Anyway, on to the questions template...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I'm still in the research phase of ownership, so newer than new...

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Counting my daughters' stuffed animals?
wink.png

(3) What breeds do you have?

None yet, though I've been narrowing it down. Definitely leaning towards Australorps and maybe a couple others.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Everything I Googled gave me at least a few links to here.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I'm online far too much... I've been a member of a website for 12 years now ('tis partially where my username comes from), and have volunteered there a few times. I also started a garden this year (just bought the house last year).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have been married 16 years--I actually started researching chickens after some talks we had on the way to and from our anniversary trip. We have 2 daughters, ages 10 and 4, who are known online as PaperKid and Notepad, when I don't forget and type their real names instead. If/when we do get chickens, we'll have to make sure their area is nice and secure, because we have a boxer that loves to steal stuffed animals, and I'm afraid she'll think the soft fluffy things that make noise and move are the same as the ones that don't... During the school year, I'm an instructional assistant in a special ed class at a local elementary school.

Thanks everyone!

Just got off the phone with the zoning people, and I can have up to 11 chickens, no roosters. This lines up perfectly with what we were planning
big_smile.png

I'm working my way through some stickies, and then I'll be popping over and posting some questions about converting an outbuilding to a coop (in the coop forum, of course). I may even get ambitious and take/post photos
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom