Hi from southern Indiana

Beetlejuice

In the Brooder
May 1, 2018
Southern Indiana
Hi everyone,

I'm a season chicken owner from my childhood and am FINALLY, 15 years later, in a position to have my own chickens again! I am a member of BYC on Facebook but stumbled across the forum while looking for coop ideas to build so decided to join and wanted to say hello.

It won't be until next spring most likely, unless things change but I have just bought my first home which has an approx 50ft x 20ft back yard in Southern Indiana. I emigrated here from the UK 2 years ago so while I'm experienced with chickens (we had many as pets when I was younger), I may need advice in the future when it comes to anything specific in the US.

My intention is to have 4 chickens, 2 RIR's for sure and my wife will chose the other 2 breeds. I know all about the sizing requirements and after considering a tractor style coop have decided to build a dedicated coop with fenced in aviary. I will make the sleeping quaters separately and inside the main fenced coop so that when we sell the home as intended in 5yrs or so, I can remove the sleeping area if the buyer doesn't want it and the fenced portion of the coop would serve up as a dog kennel if they so wish. But more on that in the coop forum.

Just wanted to say hi and look forward to talking chickens with people!

G'Day 9.jpg

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

View attachment 1370316

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful in
Beetlejuice, I always wondered where you settled down after the movie. I like your ideas. Always good to plan for now & later. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Haha thank you, yep I settled down after my head was shrunk. :wee

Welcome to BYC! It’s great to have you here :D

Thank you!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens glad you joined us here

View attachment 1370316

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

Will do, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom