Hi from Texas

DrTheMomm

Songster
May 4, 2020
West Texas
When we bought a couple of rural acres, I wanted to try my hand at raising chickens. Now that I'm retired, I have my first little flock of six chickens. Henry VIII conveniently had six wives, I have six chickens, so my girls are named after his wives. Two are Black Australorps, two are Speckled Sussexes, two are Amberlinks.

My favoite part of this new hobby is watching the girls. They're hilarious. But when I'm not doing that, I write - a family history, a blog (mybluerememberedhills.blog), limericks, a very funny memoir about raising my five sons (I only lied a little bit), and Christmas letters for anyone I can talk into reading them.
IMG_20200428_194619_01.jpg

I live with my husband, who spent the first few months of his retirement checking the pull dates of everything in my pantry and monitoring my spending habits. Since he was born to supervise, and since I wasn't born to be supervised, he cut his retirement short and went back to work. But first he built a Chicken Palace for the wives, and he supervises them occasionally. My faithful fur baby, Lida Rose, is puzzled by the wives. She doesn't know whether to herd them or eat them.

My little brother, a brilliant mathematician and accomplished chicken dad, introduced me to BYC about an hour ago. Thank you, David!

When we bought a couple of rural acres, I wanted to try my hand at raising chickens. Now that I'm retired, I have my first little flock of six chickens. Henry VIII conveniently had six wives, I have six chickens, so my girls are named after his wives. Two are Black Australorps, two are Speckled Sussexes, two are Amberlinks.

My favoite part of this new hobby is watching the girls. They're hilarious. But when I'm not doing that, I write - a family history, a blog (mybluerememberedhills.blog), limericks, a very funny memoir about raising my five sons (I only lied a little bit), and Christmas letters for anyone I can talk into reading them.
View attachment 2123079
I live with my husband, who spent the first few months of his retirement checking the pull dates of everything in my pantry and monitoring my spending habits. Since he was born to supervise, and since I wasn't born to be supervised, he cut his retirement short and went back to work. But first he built a Chicken Palace for the wives, and he supervises them occasionally. My faithful fur baby, Lida Rose, is puzzled by the wives. She doesn't know whether to herd them or eat them.

My little brother, a brilliant mathematician and accomplished chicken dad, introduced me to BYC about an hour ago. Thank you, David!

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Wow you survived 5 SONS? My neighbor wanted sons and got 5 daughters. Poor man. But, each of his daughters married and each had a first born son. Guess it all works out in the end.

Thank you for joining us at Backyard Chickens, you are very welcome here.
Five sons has its advantages. All you have to do to maintain your credibility is to be able to spit real far. I never did learn how to French braid.

Back
Top Bottom