Hi from the Netherlands!

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

I love Barnevelders and plan on getting some of my own (black, blue and splash) this coming spring. I am also on the lookout for large fowl silver double laced barnevelders but it seems as though they are difficult, if not impossible, to come by in the states.

Hi!

Thanks, the flock is healthy now! We overcame the last part too, with mites on the paws. The girls' feathers are more dense, and start to look shiny too!

Now they still need to put on weight, but with the colder days that will be a challenge.
I am also happy that they are sleeping indoors, since I put up a new roosting sticks.

At least I feel much better about their situation, and hope they are feeling better too!

Last year I had rather young chickens when it started to get cold. I got the advice to give them food for young chicks (> 6 weeks) and give one or two hours artificial light every day. That way they eat longer, grow stronger and gain more weight.

They did fine on this advice.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Please find the promised pics below!

My rooster and black-ish hen

All the girls... right brown one is the one that needs work still, but feathers look shiny and healthy again

the only bantam of the flock

close up; gimme those grapes human!

Beatifull flock.

1. :love

And did they like the grapes? (Mine do)
Yesterday i gave then a handfull raisins. They seemed quite dissapointed after trying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom