Hi from Western NC!

Apr 28, 2019
Western North Carolina
Hi! I'm Rachel. My husband, Nick, and I live on about 2 acres in the woods in the mountains of North Carolina. We have been planning to get chickens since we moved in a year ago and yesterday we finally got 4 6-week-old Whiting True Greens and Whiting True Blues!
This is my first time ever having chickens and I've been reading a ton on this site and thought it was about time I officially joined.
I also have 2 little dogs. One has been around chickens before and is intrigued by them but keeps his distance. The other one I'm pretty sure his first time seeing a chicken was when we put them in the coop yesterday and he is NOT happy, so I'm starting to train him to just stay away from their coop to not scare them. I'm a high school teacher which makes things crazy this time of year but I'm looking forward to a free summer to hang out in the backyard gardening and spending time with the chickens.

Hello Rachel and welcome to BYC - it’s great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom