Hi from Wisconsin!

MustLoveHens

Songster
10 Years
Sep 1, 2010
Albion, Wisconsin
Hello! I've been checking out this forum for a while and finall decided to join! While I am a newbie here, I not new to chickens. I raised many a chick for show, egg production and meat production. I have had standard and bantam breeds both as well as a couple of ducks. I grew up with thre Rhode Island Reds and our pets and egg providers. When it was time to get my own, I rescued two Rhodies and from there got, Barred Rocks, Australorps, Red and Gold Comets, Black Sex Links and Partridge Plymoth Rocks. Along with many others that found their way to my door! I also showed Speckled Sussex, Spangled Russian Orloff's, Frizzles, and Standard Old English Game were my main breed to show. I loved showing and hope to get back into it next year.
I am however currently chickenless and I am having severe withdrawls from being chickenless. I figure this will be my "fix" unitl spring when I start my new flock of Russian Orloffs.
I also am the mom of 8 dogs, all rescues. They are (I need to do this alphabetcally or I'll forget someone!): Aiden, Buddy, Ely, Emmitt, Fred, Grace, Saxon, and Tootsie. I have an ancient cat named Lint-also a rescue. Finally, I have a young Mini Rex rabbit named Harrison as well as a husband (probably should have listed him first!). Oh and I have a 26 year old horse, a mare, named T'sai whole like all smart "snow birds" lives in Southern California to avoid the cold north here is Wisconsin. She refuses to come back-not even to visit!
Anyway, that is about it! I look forward to meeting the friendly people here. Cheers!

Welcome from another newbie. It is nice to know there are so many people interested in pet chickens (I was shocked to see just how many!).
See you around the board.

welcome-byc.gif
and hello from Indiana

Back
Top Bottom