Hi! I'm Liz and I love Easter Eggers

lizberry81

Chirping
Nov 13, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I had a chicken that I loved madly when I was a kid... but the neighbor's dog ate her. I got 4 Easter Eggers chicks back in March when the Corona stuff started. I called them the "Four Chicks of the Apocalype."

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 3 of the 4 EEs (again, a dog ruined things by breaking in to my coop and running off with one of my girls never to be seen again). I also have 9 chicks from my first hatch (10/21) and 4 I purchased.

(3) What breeds do you have? the hatch was: 5 ayam cemanis, a blue laced red wyandotte, a black copper marans, a "super chocolate egg layer" - whatever that is - and another Easter Egger. The 4 purchased: 2 Ameraucanas an Olive Egger and another Easter Egger.... plus my original three girls.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They are affectionate and useful (that part took long enough -- my girls didn't lay for seven and a half months and even then it's only two out of the three right now). The hatch was absolutely mesmerizing. Watching the little chicks fight out of the eggs was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Painting and drawing

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 1 husband of 15 years and 10 cats - 3 regular and 7 smushy faced

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Every time I googled something I needed to know about my chickens or my hatch, it seemed to always point me here. I finally joined after finding the thread about MPC Super Chocolate Egg Layers... very pertinent since I had no idea what it was. They just came in an egg assortment.

Attachments

• twoincubators.jpg
    twoincubators.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201107_225203.jpg
    20201107_225203.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 6
  • opalandbb.jpg
    opalandbb.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 90160645_10158436604148258_3767892736250740736_o.jpg
    90160645_10158436604148258_3767892736250740736_o.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 6
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I had a chicken that I loved madly when I was a kid... but the neighbor's dog ate her. I got 4 Easter Eggers chicks back in March when the Corona stuff started. I called them the "Four Chicks of the Apocalype."

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 3 of the 4 EEs (again, a dog ruined things by breaking in to my coop and running off with one of my girls never to be seen again). I also have 9 chicks from my first hatch (10/21) and 4 I purchased.

(3) What breeds do you have? the hatch was: 5 ayam cemanis, a blue laced red wyandotte, a black copper marans, a "super chocolate egg layer" - whatever that is - and another Easter Egger. The 4 purchased: 2 Ameraucanas an Olive Egger and another Easter Egger.... plus my original three girls.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They are affectionate and useful (that part took long enough -- my girls didn't lay for seven and a half months and even then it's only two out of the three right now). The hatch was absolutely mesmerizing. Watching the little chicks fight out of the eggs was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Painting and drawing

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 1 husband of 15 years and 10 cats - 3 regular and 7 smushy faced

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Every time I googled something I needed to know about my chickens or my hatch, it seemed to always point me here. I finally joined after finding the thread about MPC Super Chocolate Egg Layers... very pertinent since I had no idea what it was. They just came in an egg assortment.

Attachments

• 20201109_231642.jpg
    20201109_231642.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom