Hi! I'm new to BYC, and I need help with chicken breeds! :)

3Dchicken

Songster
7 Years
Sep 24, 2012

Yeah, I need help with figuring out what kind of chickens these are. These are my neighbor's pet chickens, and they let me take a few eggs to incubate so I can add them to my first ever chicken flock! I was curious to as what kind of breed these are... I got the impression (from what I've seen online) that these are a mix between amerecaunas (sp?) or brahma bantams. The hen in the middle has feathers on her feet, but some of the other coloured ones (orange-y white and yellow ones) don't. Can someone help me on this subject? I'm going to keep the chick (s) no matter if they're egg layer or meat birds. :) Thanks. (They're probably a mix of some sort. Some of them were show birds at one time.)
frow.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I'm not even going to guess LOL They are beautiful though!

It is hard to see clearly the first looks like a rose comb roo possibly mix. the The hen with the white tail is production red, and the little Fuzz ball with the hair doo looks to be a polish ...mix??? someone may come along that is able to analyze from those photos but it is alittle difficult,

Here are some more pictures. All the hens and roosters don't have feathers on their feet, except the small brown/black hens. The youngest rooster (not shown) has what looks like a single comb, the black/brown hens have pea combs (?). I'm not sure what the other hens (orange and yellow ones) have for combs, but the older roosters have what seems to me to be a pea/buttercup comb gone awry. lol. Maybe that helps a bit? :)

Good guess. XD Some of them must be a mix of chicken breeds. The egg I am incubating Is a medium sized light brown egg- (kinda looks like someone shaded a light brown all over it)If it hatches, I'm probably going to put it on BYC :D

Thanks, Weimarmama! I just figured out how to post things, (fail) so maybe I'll try that. :D

Back
Top Bottom