hi! I'm new :-)

meag6

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2015
Western New York
My family is the proud new home of 6 speckled Sussex chicks! They are 4 1/2 weeks old now. We got them from a local farmer that does only chicks and fresh eggs. We have 6 kids and so each kid got to name a chick! Lol we have some very interesting names! I have found out so much info from this site and can't wait for our first eggs from our sweet little chicks!!
[/IMG]

My family is the proud new home of 6 speckled Sussex chicks! They are 4 1/2 weeks old now. We got them from a local farmer that does only chicks and fresh eggs. We have 6 kids and so each kid got to name a chick! Lol we have some very interesting names! I have found out so much info from this site and can't wait for our first eggs from our sweet little chicks!!
[/URL]

WELCOME TO BYC
welcome-byc.gif
. CUTE CHICKIE.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. And Speckled Sussex are a very good breed with children as they are friendly and gentle. My children made lap pets of ours. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Speckled Sussex.

this one is Speckle she is by far our sweetest girl! I'm not sure when we can move them out to their coup though. The next couple days are not supposed to get out of the 40's but most days lately have been upper 50's to mid 60's. They have spent lot of days outside and have almost no heat lamp on them any more. (We have their lamp on a dimmer). I don't want them to get cold outside...but they are starting to stink.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Very cute chicks! Usually by 6 weeks or so they are feathered enough to be out in the coop without extra heat.

Back
Top Bottom