hi im new

chickens galore

In the Brooder
May 31, 2015
bridgend south wales uk
Have just joined BYC and have had great fun reading some of the threads, I live in South Wales UK, I started a few years ago with 6 warrens for our own eggs but soon got hooked, I have now lost count I the exact number of birds I have, must do a head count soon, these include Cermani, Lavender Wyandotte, Blue Orps, Tolbunt polands,Onagadori, Silkie Bants and serama. I am hatching Pea eggs at the moment, Im a mother of 4, step-mum to 5 and I foster 2 girls so life is full on at this time. Just wanted to say hi and introduce my self
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a nice mix of breeds. Warrens is a common label under which hatcheries in the UK market their Red Sex Link hybrids. The US hatcheries have a plethora of different labels under which they market their Red Sex Links, but no matter what label they are marketed under, Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hi :welcome from Yorkshire UK

Glad you could join the flock! I too started out with warrens, just 2 of them called Amy and Penny.
I too soon became hooked and then started out with polish and various others that people gave me. Polish have to be my favourite though. Super birds that are very friendly and just so different to look at. Then I started incubating and I have just not stopped since. Would love to add some tolbunt to my flock in the future I love their colour.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your flock and the pea eggs that you are incubating. Drop by the UK thread for others who may be close to you I'm sure we have some members from Wales on there. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/0_20

Enjoy BYC :frow

Wow, you have cemani and Tolbunt Polish - good for you. You mentioned Silkie bantams, you mean they have made their way to the UK? I always thought silkies were all large fowl everywhere EXCEPT in the US. Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I know we would love to see photos of your flock.

Back
Top Bottom