hi new guy from NC

moparguy

Hatching
Jan 25, 2016
Hello i am new and the wife and kids are talking me into getting chickens. I know nothing about them. Hopefully i can learn from here and i have some books from the library. I have gotten wood pallets to use for the coop and have storage cabinet to use for the nest. I will post pics of that soon. Nice to be here and thanks

welcome-byc.gif
You'll find lots of friendly helpful people here! I read lots of library books also when getting started but I found this part of BYC to be the most educational;

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

I started with ZERO chicken experience as well. I now have 11 happy healthy chickens and I enjoy them so much more than I thought I would!

welcome-byc.gif

x2 on the Learning Center, it's full of interesting articles to help you get off on the right foot. The Search box (upper left, under the logo) can be a big help in finding information and always feel free to ask questions.

A few things to keep in mind when you're ready to start building the coop:
- make it as large as possible (chickens hate being crowded)
- make it tall enough for you to stand up in so it will be easier to clean
- make it as predator proof as possible
- provide for ventilation

Between the Learning Center and the other reading you're doing, you'll be an expert chicken wrangler in no time!

Welcome to the flock/forum. I knew nothing of chickens last feb. now through this site,experience,and my local chicken friends, i fancy myself about 40% chicken smarter, lol.
Ask any question and you will have at least 1 reply which should be helpful....if not bump the post until we help
1f606.png

Welcome again and enjoyď

Back
Top Bottom