hi new here :)

Thank you for the warm welcome.
I am actually starting with egg layers.I did look on the net for hatcheries that would ship live bird outside the US,but most don't.Some I found did offer to ship fertile eggs but after emailing two of them,Im still waiting for a reply.I did went to a little farm supply store,one of only 3 on the island and they offer us what they call in Spanish ponedoras,translated to egg layers.I am not sure if its a breed type they call that or its just a term for good egg layers.Btw after a google search it looks like a brown colored chicken breed used in commercial industries.

Ponedora means to be a good egg layer or "good egg layer" so that's not a specific breed but they probably use leghorns which are really good white egg layers I prefer Rhode Island reds myself but if you get jersey giants x Rhode Island reds yourll have the largest best egg layers on the island

Ponedora means to be a good egg layer or "good egg layer" so that's not a specific breed but they probably use leghorns which are really good white egg layers I prefer Rhode Island reds myself but if you get jersey giants x Rhode Island reds yourll have the largest best egg layers on the island

Yes I was thinking that as well.These lay like a light brown egg.I saw a black Jersey Giant here at the only Animal "zoo" and it was impressive.I would wonder indeed how big that cross would get.

Btw if anyone knows about hatcheries or someone that would export eggs or live birds from the US can let me know,tnx.

Last edited:
I'll check the export laws and whatnot I'm going to working on a Rhode Island Red x jersey giant x Cornishx hopefully getting a hyper breed that's good at laying, is really big and a fast grower after I perfect it I will try to send you some probably would take a few years if you have the patience

Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

Thank you!

[COLOR=333333]Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.[/COLOR]

Glad you joined us!

Thank you!

I'll check the export laws and whatnot I'm going to working on a Rhode Island Red x jersey giant x Cornishx hopefully getting a hyper breed that's good at laying, is really big and a fast grower after I perfect it I will try to send you some probably would take a few years if you have the patience

Thank you Daskhan,
Would sure want to see that cross,wish you all the best!

Back
Top Bottom