Hi, new here!

NDgoatgirlNV

Songster
5 Years
Jul 1, 2015
Ivins, Utah 84738
My Coop
My Coop
I live in Southern Nevada in a small town near Death Valley. I am interested in Serema chickens, but currently don't own any. I do have a herd of soon to be 7 Goats, most of which are Nigerian Dwarfs. My herd queen is possibly pregnant and seems to be looking to kid very soon from what I've been reading. I hope to learn a lot from all of you here. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

I don't think you actually have to help the goat kid, they can do it by themselves. You might come one morning and find the kid there already! Hope this is helpful!
smile.png

Welcome to BYC!

We have kept goats for the past 18 months and based on our experiences, I would strongly recommend you be on hand when your does give birth (if possible of course).

We've always made it a priority to be on hand because sometimes things don't go smoothly. Of the 5 little kids born since we've been raising them, 2 kids needed immediate help or we would have lost them. One had the cord wrapped around his neck and the other wasn't immediately breathing when born.

You can read and post about your goats on this section of BYC:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

Good luck to you, hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

I would advise you to keep watch also, if they have twins they may need assistance. Also a female in labor, is a sitting target for predators

Hi
welcome-byc.gif

Glad you could join the flock. Seramas are beutiful little chickens I hope you are able to get some in the future. Congrats on your goats! I love goats but just don't have the room at the moment. But I am hoping for some in the future. NorthFLChick and Drumstick have left you some good advice. I too would be on hand just incase she needs help.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC

Back
Top Bottom