Hi there, everyone

flashlight

Chirping
Jul 10, 2022
My husband and I just bought twelve chicks this weekend and are starting a small homestead where we live in rural eastern North Carolina. I have wanted chickens for years, so it's been an exciting couple of days. I've been lurking around the forum to get information on proper chick care, and it's been such a huge help to me, far better than the store where I purchased the girls. One chick already had a mild case of pasty butt, and I used this forum to learn how to clean her up! She seems to be fine now, but I've been checking them all a few times a day to be sure everyone is doing well.

I'm looking forward to interacting here and becoming a chicken expert! :D

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Are your coop and run built and ready to go?
Thank you!

Yes, we bought a coop and just finished painting it and putting it together. My husband is working on the run so that everything will be ready by the time they're old enough to go out there. Right now I'm keeping them in the house in a spare room, but I'm hoping future chicks can go into an outdoor brooder. So far, they seem pretty lively and I haven't had any problems other than the one chick's dirty bottom, which luckily has not happened a second time.

Thank you!

Yes, we bought a coop and just finished painting it and putting it together. My husband is working on the run so that everything will be ready by the time they're old enough to go out there. Right now I'm keeping them in the house in a spare room, but I'm hoping future chicks can go into an outdoor brooder. So far, they seem pretty lively and I haven't had any problems other than the one chick's dirty bottom, which luckily has not happened a second time.
How large is the coop?

My husband and I just bought twelve chicks this weekend and are starting a small homestead where we live in rural eastern North Carolina. I have wanted chickens for years, so it's been an exciting couple of days. I've been lurking around the forum to get information on proper chick care, and it's been such a huge help to me, far better than the store where I purchased the girls. One chick already had a mild case of pasty butt, and I used this forum to learn how to clean her up! She seems to be fine now, but I've been checking them all a few times a day to be sure everyone is doing well.

I'm looking forward to interacting here and becoming a chicken expert! :D
Welcome to BYC!! I’m glad our info helped your chick get better! :)

Back
Top Bottom