Hi There!!! Little about me

Chickadee Blondie

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2023
New to chickens as an adult, had them when I was a kid, but finally able to get chickens as an adult.

We currently have 8 chickens, including 2 or possibly 3 roos we have to rehome because living in city limits is not our friends. They are currently 16-17wks.

We have a BCM mix (olive Egger) and a black Australorp roo.
Hens we have a Silver Laced Wyandotte, Frizzle, BCM, Olive Egger (BCM mix) and a Dark Cornish.
My Lavender Ameraucana I swore was a hen but now I'm struggling be so confident.

I love teaching my kids responsibility in caring for animals but also to understand where their food comes from. We got a colorful egg laying flock to make things more fun.

Outside of chickens, I run around my kids like a crazy person. I also love art, refinishing furniture and organizing.

I am a stay at home mom to 3 great kids. My oldest is autistic and has DMDD but surprisingly the chickens help to calm him. My youngest is 6 and she likes the colorful eggs. Middle kiddo is my twin in personality. We have 4 fish,1 frog, 3 outdoor cats, 1 banana ball python and soon another ball python. We used to work with a dog rescue but now just babysitting for them on occasion.

Found this group while doing a Google search on chicken questions when we first got started on our chicken journey. I finally decided to join so I could ask a question on my Ameraucana sex as even the questions I searched here wasn't helping my confirm my suspicion.

We live in city limits so limited on the number of chickens we can have, where we can put a coop and what seex chicken we can have. I swear the dogs in the neighborhood are louder than my roo is and definitely barks more than he can crow (and even that's a gurgle cause he hasnt quite gottej the full slund out yet).

Attachments

• IMG_20230820_193109836.jpg
    IMG_20230820_193109836.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 30
New to chickens as an adult, had them when I was a kid, but finally able to get chickens as an adult.

We currently have 8 chickens, including 2 or possibly 3 roos we have to rehome because living in city limits is not our friends. They are currently 16-17wks.

We have a BCM mix (olive Egger) and a black Australorp roo.
Hens we have a Silver Laced Wyandotte, Frizzle, BCM, Olive Egger (BCM mix) and a Dark Cornish.
My Lavender Ameraucana I swore was a hen but now I'm struggling be so confident.

I love teaching my kids responsibility in caring for animals but also to understand where their food comes from. We got a colorful egg laying flock to make things more fun.

Outside of chickens, I run around my kids like a crazy person. I also love art, refinishing furniture and organizing.

I am a stay at home mom to 3 great kids. My oldest is autistic and has DMDD but surprisingly the chickens help to calm him. My youngest is 6 and she likes the colorful eggs. Middle kiddo is my twin in personality. We have 4 fish,1 frog, 3 outdoor cats, 1 banana ball python and soon another ball python. We used to work with a dog rescue but now just babysitting for them on occasion.

Found this group while doing a Google search on chicken questions when we first got started on our chicken journey. I finally decided to join so I could ask a question on my Ameraucana sex as even the questions I searched here wasn't helping my confirm my suspicion.

We live in city limits so limited on the number of chickens we can have, where we can put a coop and what seex chicken we can have. I swear the dogs in the neighborhood are louder than my roo is and definitely barks more than he can crow (and even that's a gurgle cause he hasnt quite gottej the full slund out yet).
I'm so glad youve joined us. What a in great thing that those feathered goofballs calm your son! :thumbsup . So welcome again ask away if you have any ???

Back
Top Bottom