Hi:) We are new!

Lillyanna

Chirping
May 3, 2015
South Jersey
Hi! We are the Gerace Family and consist of a husband, wife, two daughters, 1 black lab old guy, 1 springer cocker mix female and a working Belgian Malinios, and 11- 7 week hens. We have 7 Buff orpingtons, 2 Light Brahmas and 2 Red Sexlinks. My husband and daughters worked a lot on our coop together and created many special memories doing so. I was reluctant to get chicks but the family wore me down over the past year and now I love the new girls! The hens have really added a lot of fun and together time that is free of any electronic gadgets and TV! My kids can't wait to see them in the morning and run home from school to see how the gals are:) We have our own organic garden and have added quite a bit for just the hens. We enjoy researching what plants and herbs and veggies the girls will like. We added pumpkin, watermelon, mint, and sunflowers to our crop this year. This sight was very helpful when we were building the coop and picking the breeds.

Lillyanna, so nice to hear your kids can enjoy live chicken tv, no reruns, no commercials, new shows every day, no cable or satellite bills. What's not to love?

Hello and Welcome to BYC!
It sounds like you have a well mixed flock :). We also have a garden and are growing Sunflowers, mint (different types), and veggies. Feel free to make yourself at home!

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

It is such a joy to raise your own flock, and the fun continues as they mature.

I also grow marigolds, chard and basil for my hens, they love them.

Enjoy the forums.

It has been great! Our older daughter can be a couch potato, but since the chickens have come, she has cut TV time in half without any yelling!

Back
Top Bottom