Hi!

Arejaygee

Chirping
May 5, 2020
WV
I’ve been lurking here for the last several months as I prepared to start a small flock of my own.

We had chickens when I was a kid (I had a pet bantam rooster that came when I called & would ride on my shoulder) and I have wanted to raise some again for years. Now is the time.

Right now I have 13 chicks—all two weeks old— and 19 week old keets. We lost two chicks and one keet. I didn’t plan to have this many guineas, but my order was doubled by mistake. :eek:

Besides the guineas, I have some Rhode Island Reds, Buff Brahmas, Easter Eggers, and Porcelain D’uccles—all bantams.

So far I’ve really enjoyed watching them grow and learn how to chicken. Their little chirps and busy noises are really soothing.

Besides the birds, I enjoy gardening, reading, and cooking. I really enjoy learning new skills and biting off more than I can chew.

I have 3 dogs and a couple of cats. So far, they don’t seem particularly interested in the brooder noises, and I’m hoping thats still true once they’re out.

Any way, I’ve really learned a lot in my time lurking and hope to learn more.

I knew they were—a friend in college, her grandparents had all sorts of fowl—turkeys, peafowl, guineas, chickens—and the guineas & peafowl were always up to something. But seeing how different they are as babies is something else.
They really do scoot along don't they

Back
Top Bottom