Hi

Patriciaab668

Chirping
Jul 12, 2023
Hi im so glad to have found this group as im fairly new to chickens, my husband and i took in part of my sister's flock ( 8 hens 1 rooster) almost 2 years ago (was supposed to be temporary) and recently added 21 chicks that are now 3 months old. The older hens are buff orpington and barred rock and my roo is a cross between at least 3 different breeds but is super sweet. The chicks were all supposed to be Black Astrolorp but are discovering that we have a mix of black birds 8 are Marans all hens (4 all black and 4 with copper necks 2 of each have feathered legs). 3 (1 roo and 2 hens) I suspect are black jerseys giants but I'm not sure once I have good pics I'll post in the forums lol. The other 10 are definitely Black Astrolorps 3 roo's and 7 hens. The baby roo's are just starting to "rooster" as my granddaughter calls it 🤣 so my older rooster is being pretty rough with them I have to keep threatening him with a time out in a separate part of the coop and I swear he knows exactly what I'm talking about 🤣🤣. They all have the best personality and love to chat with you when your anywhere near them lol

We live off grid with our 5 dogs, 3 chihuahuas, 1 husky and 1 lab/husky mix and 2 barn cats. I take care of my disabled father in law during the day and my husband watches are 8 yr old granddaughter during the summer and helps out on our friends farm as needed.

Hi im so glad to have found this group as im fairly new to chickens, my husband and i took in part of my sister's flock ( 8 hens 1 rooster) almost 2 years ago (was supposed to be temporary) and recently added 21 chicks that are now 3 months old. The older hens are buff orpington and barred rock and my roo is a cross between at least 3 different breeds but is super sweet. The chicks were all supposed to be Black Astrolorp but are discovering that we have a mix of black birds 8 are Marans all hens (4 all black and 4 with copper necks 2 of each have feathered legs). 3 (1 roo and 2 hens) I suspect are black jerseys giants but I'm not sure once I have good pics I'll post in the forums lol. The other 10 are definitely Black Astrolorps 3 roo's and 7 hens. The baby roo's are just starting to "rooster" as my granddaughter calls it 🤣 so my older rooster is being pretty rough with them I have to keep threatening him with a time out in a separate part of the coop and I swear he knows exactly what I'm talking about 🤣🤣. They all have the best personality and love to chat with you when your anywhere near them lol

We live off grid with our 5 dogs, 3 chihuahuas, 1 husky and 1 lab/husky mix and 2 barn cats. I take care of my disabled father in law during the day and my husband watches are 8 yr old granddaughter during the summer and helps out on our friends farm as needed.
Welcome to BYC!

Welcome to BYC!! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom