Hi!

abbylane35

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 13, 2011
Lodi, New York
Hi! My name is Patty. I live in the Fingerlakes region of New York State. I am a teacher now, but grew up on a farm, and can't let go of that! My husband and I have a tiny farm that contains chickens, ducks, and sheep. We also have two dogs and a cat. Our three year old son loves all of the animals and helps to take care of them daily
smile.png

I am not new to chickens. I have been around chickens for nearly my entire life. My mother used to keep chickens when we were children. We also had many ducks and fancy pheasants. As kids I remember the Barred Rocks the best, as one of them, Henny Penny, would follow us kids around like a dog. We also had a chicken that hatched out a goose egg....that was a funny pair. The goose really thought that the chicken was it's mom!

Currently I have thirteen chickens and two roosters. This is a new batch from this spring, as a weasel got into my chicken coop last summer and my old flock was massacred...I hatched them out with eggs from a local lady. I have some French Copper Marons and some Araucanas. I have a rooster from each breed.

I found out about BackYardChickens.com from my etsy.com group site. In case you don't know, etsy.com is a place where people can buy and sell vintage items and handmade crafts. I was looking for a new group to join and ran across a group for BackYardChickens.com forum members. I checked it out and liked what I saw! My etsy page is www.countrycreationsoffl.etsy.com if you want to check it out!

I enjoy crafting, gardening (both flower and vegetable), caring for my flock of Katahdin sheep, and chasing after my very active three year old.

I am looking forward to what I can learn from and provide to the forums!

Back
Top Bottom