Hiding hen

denise62

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 30, 2015
can some tell me why my hens are picking on only one. They have been together since chicks. She started acting strange. Hiding in the coop not coming out when I picked her up today I tried to put her outside the coop and when I put her down one of the other hens picked st her and she wanted to go back in the coop. And she hides in the corner. They have always gotten along. I don’t understand what’s going on Any one know.

I dont know what to do with her i feel so bad. She is hiding behind the food pail i have in there they are not roosting with he anymore. They are two years old and i have never had this problem.

Same thing happened with my ducks, we had a runt khaki Campbell that was only half the size she should of gotten and she was picked on
Runt of the flock. Either give her away, get a rooster to break up fights, or get a couple new hens to focus on them instead of the runt.
They have been together over two years dont know why this is happening all of a sudden i have 7 they have always gotten along. Cant have roosters where i live

Is she sick? Inspect her for disease or injury.
Sometimes chickens change. Take her out, regardless. You can either add in a few new hens, get rid of her, or get rid of all the rest. Just don't let her stay in there getting beaten up.
I will look again today. For any injury or disease. If I talk her out. She will be alone. Which she is now but at least protected. I don’t want to get rid of her or any of the others

Back
Top Bottom